Applications are currently open for the second edition of the Kofi Annan Award for Innovation in Africa. This award is hosted by the Austrian Federal Chancellery and the Kofi Annan Foundation. They are seeking social entrepreneurs with digital or technology-powered solutions that benefit people in Africa.
- Program Sponsor(s): Kofi Annan Foundation
- Host Institution(s): The Austrian Federal Chancellery
- Funding Amount: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Social Entrepreneurs
- Nationality: African
See Also: University of Manchester Dean’s Doctoral Scholarship Awards 2024/2025 (Fully-funded)
The following requirements must be fulfilled by applicants seeking for the Kofi Annan Award:
- Applicants venture must be a for-profit legal entity and incorporated for at least two years at the time of application.
- Your solution is anchored in at least one African country
- … (remaining content continues)
About the 2nd edition
The focus of the second edition is on Sustainable Development Goal 2 Zero Hunger to improve the resilience of the African food systems. Therefore, with the Kofi Annan Award, the Austrian Federal Chancellery, together with well-renowned partner organizations, is looking to support innovative and digital food security and agritech solutions across Africa and boost their impact. The Call will be open to African social entrepreneurs (more content continues…)