If you are a student of Edo State origin and studying in the public tertiary institutions within Edo State, then you should apply for Dr. Victor Ihama Memorial Scholarship for 2023 as announced by the Scholarship Committee Chairman, Dr. Robert Uyi Igbinovia.
Dr. Victor Ihama, before his demise in 2021, was a philanthropist and the President of the Edo Society of Ohio as well as the President of the Nigerian Community of Greater Cleveland. He also served as the President of the Great Ikadele Association USA.
Successful applicants for Dr. Victor Ihama Memorial Scholarship are entitled to three awards valued at 500 US dollars ($500) each, spread over four academic years.
The following are required to be eligible for the Victor Ihama Memorial Scholarship scholarship:
- You must be a full-time degree student (Part-time students are NOT eligible).
- Point of award: First, second, and third-year students only (Final year students are NOT eligible).
- You must be a student of any of the below listed public tertiary institutions:
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- Ambrose Ali University (AAU)
- Edo State University.
How to Apply for Victor Ihama Memorial Scholarship
All applications are to be mailed and e-mailed to the specified address and must have the following attached:
1. Your Name. Residential and Postal Address, Email Address and Phone Number.
2. A short essay about yourself, outlining: Indigenship, Circumstance and Need for the scholarship.
3. Your JAMB Admission Letter.
4. A Letter from your LGA (Local Government Area) of origin Chairman.
5. A Letter from your departmental HOD with authentic Matriculation Number.
6. Two colored passport photographs.
7. If you are in 200 level and above, include your previous session’s academic results.
- The above itemized requirements are to mailed to the address below:
Ikadele Scholarship committee
11 Berwick Circle
North Brunswick, NJ 08902
- Then send them as attachments via email to: Robert_igbinovia@yahoo.com
Attention to all Applicants
- Please note that for successful applicants, all information provided in the application will be independently verified before disbursement.
- Awardees must maintain an equivalent of a second-class honor to renew the award, consequently, all recipients must furnish their yearly results to the scholarship committee or forfeit the award.
- INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
1. Applications deadline is April 30, 2023.
2. Selection will be made by September 15, 2023. (Applicants awarded will be notified via email immediately and their names also published on ENAW WhatsApp forum and Ikadele WhatApp forum.)
3. Disbursements take place in the months of September – October 2023.