National Girls in ICT Competition: Do you have a passion for technology and innovation? The National Girls in ICT Competition offers a platform for girls in secondary schools to showcase their skills, creativity, and innovation in various ICT-related domains. Read on to find out more about this exciting opportunity.
- Program Sponsor(s): Federal Ministry of Communication, Nigeria
- Host Institution(s): Federal Ministry of Communication, Nigeria
- Funding Amount: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Secondary School Girls
- Nationality: Nigerian
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the National Girls in ICT Competition:
- Applicants must be girl child
- Applicants must be in Secondary Schools
- Applicants must build a team and register with the support of your teachers.
This competition is an initiative of the Federal Ministry of Communication, Innovation, and Digital Economy to encourage female participation in the ICT sector and empower them to become leaders in this dynamic field. The aim is to bridge the gender gap in the industry and create equal opportunities for girls to participate and excel.
By participating, you will:
- Develop skills and hone your technical abilities in coding, programming, web development, cybersecurity, and data analytics.
- Gain Recognition and receive support from government agencies, educational institutions, and industry leaders.
- Network and learn by engaging in workshops, mentorship programs, and networking events to enhance your learning experience.
- E-Certificate and guidelines to set up girls in ICT clubs.
- Honourable mentions, certificates, and access to online courses.
- Scholarships, laptops, trophies, and certificates for winners.
How-to-Apply: To participate in the National Girls in ICT Competition, candidates should:
- Sign up for the competition through the registration portal here
Form a Team:
- Build a team and register with the support of your teachers.
Solve a Problem:
- Identify a problem in your community and develop a tech-based solution.
- Participate in a 5-day training program across states to enhance your technical skills.
- Showcase your solution in regional competitions to qualify for the national stage.
- Present your innovative solution in a virtual pitching competition evaluated by qualified judges.
Recognition and Rewards:
- Receive certificates, prizes, and opportunities for further education and development.
Application Deadline: February 18, 2024