Diya Fatimilehin Essay Competition for 2023 is currently ongoing. Diya Fatimilehin & Co (DFC) Estate Surveyors and Valuers is a leading real estate provider of property agency, brokerage, and management.
The organization is currently holding the Diya Fatimilehin Essay Competition to celebrate its 40 years of establishment. This is an essay competition for real estate students.
- Recent graduates (maximum 3 years post-graduation)
- Undergraduate students (final and penultimate year) currently enrolled in a real estate-related program at any public or private Nigerian University.
How to Participate
- Select one of the listed topics below:
1. Unlocking financial markets to plug the Nigerian housing grip.
2. Alleviating the supply-side constraints in the Nigerian Housing Market.
3. Tackling the housing gap through the use of Proptech.
- Write an essay no longer than 1500 words in Times New Roman size 12.
- Save PDF with your full name and university (e.g. Olaoluwa Uzor University of Lagos)
- Submit written essay in PDF file format via the “Apply” button below.
Worth of Diya Fatimilehin Essay Competition
The winner would be given the sum of N500, 000 with 3 months internship.
First runner-up will get the sum of N300, 000
Second runner-up will be given the sum of N200, 000.
- Submission deadline is on the March 31, 2023.
- Announcement of winners is April 30, 2023.
- For more enquiries, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NaijaSchoolGist Tips to Writing a Winning Essays
Winning an essay competition requires a combination of strong writing skills, strategic thinking, and effective planning. Here are some tips to help you write and win essay competitions:
1. Understand the Prompt:
Make sure you understand the prompt and the topic of the essay competition. Take time to analyze the prompt and identify key words and phrases that will guide your writing. Promppt keywords like “Analyze”, “Explain”, “Compare and Contrast” tells you exactly what is required of you.
2. Develop a Clear Thesis Statement:
A thesis statement is the central argument of your essay. It should be clear, concise, and specific. Make sure your thesis statement addresses the prompt and sets the tone for your essay.
3. Plan Your Essay:
Before you start writing, create an outline of your essay. This will help you organize your thoughts and ensure that your essay flows logically.
4. Conduct Research:
Use credible sources to gather information and support your arguments. Make sure you properly cite your sources to avoid plagiarism.
5. Write a Strong Introduction:
Your introduction should grab the reader’s attention and provide context for your essay. Use an attention-grabbing hook, provide background information, and clearly state your thesis.
6. Develop Your Argument:
Use evidence to support your thesis and develop your argument. Use examples, statistics, and quotations to illustrate your points.
7. Write a Strong Conclusion:
Your conclusion should summarize your argument and restate your thesis in a new way. Avoid introducing new information or arguments in your conclusion.
8. Edit and Proofread:
After you have finished writing, take time to edit and proofread your essay. Look for spelling and grammatical errors, and make sure your essay is well-organized and flows logically.
9. Submit Your Essay:
Follow the guidelines for the essay competition and submit your essay on time.
Overall, winning an essay competition requires careful planning, strong writing skills, and attention to detail. With these tips, you can write a winning essay and stand out from the competition.