The NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship 2023 is currently ongoing. Shell, also known as Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) is a Nigerian oil exploration company that operates a joint venture with Nigeria National Petroleum Company (NNPC) and a few others companies.
Over the past few years, this joint venture has been putting in vehemently great efforts to support the development of Nigeria’s education sector especially in its operation company by funding and scholarship awards for academically sophisticated students in Nigerian higher institutions.
SNEPCo is hereby inviting all Nigerian students in all universities recognized by the National Universities Commission to apply for the 2023 NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship programme. The programme was established to improve the skills and employability of Nigerian youths and also promote academic excellence.
Eligibility Criteria for the NNPC/SNEPCo Scholarship
Before you can be considered for the NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship programme, the following are the criteria you must meet:
- Citizenship: You must be a Nigerian citizen or hold permanent resident-ship of Nigeria before you can be eligible for this scholarship.
- G.P.A: You must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 in a 5 points grading system, 2.8 in a 4 point grading system or equivalent in any other grading system as at date of application.
- School and Level: Applicants must be in their second year (200 level) in any National Universities Commission accredited university in Nigeria.
- Applicants must not be a beneficiary of any scholarship Scheme organized by any company in the oil and gas industry, home or abroad.
- Applicants must be studying an eligible course for the NNPC/SNEPCo scholarship.
Courses Eligible for NNPC/SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship
To be Eligible for NNPC/SNEPCo national university scholarship programme, you must be studying one of the following courses in any Nigerian university.
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical / Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Geoscience / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
- Process Control Engineering
Requirements for SNEPCo 2022 scholarship
1. All applicants must have a valid mobile number and an active email address. Applicants are not advised to use yahoo mail due to the delay in delivery.
2. Applicants are to submit their application online through scholastica. Scholastica is the official platform for SNEPCo-NNPC national university award scholarship. Any other platform may ask you to pay for registration.
3. Applicants are expected to provide adequate personal and academic information in the application.
4. Required documents for application includes:
- A recent Passport Size Photograph.
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter.
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
- Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be duly stamped and signed) by the Paramount Ruler of the Community and The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council (CDC or CEC) is also required of applicants for the Operational Area Awards (OM).
The application is simple and ismeant to be completed online. No fee is required, therefore any website asking you for registration or processing fee is ultimately a scam. The application process is as follows:
Scholastica is the authorized website to apply for the SNEPCo-NNPC national university scholarship programme, therefore before you can be able to apply for this program, you have to create a Scholastica account.
Click here to create an account. Make sure to use a working phone number and an active email because a link will be sent to your email to complete your registration.
After completing your registration through the link sent to your email, click here to start the application. After clicking the link, you will be taken to a login page where you have to enter
your email and password then click login.
After logging in, a form will be displayed on your screen and you have to fill out the form. In
this form, you will be asked to provide your personal information, National Identification
Number (NIN) and academic information. You will also be asked to upload certain scanned
documents that were mentioned in the number 4 of the past section.
You will be asked to upload a photo of yourself, you must upload a passport-sized photo that clearly shows your face. The picture must be in JPEG format and must not exceed 200Kbs.
Cross check all you information to avoid and correct mistakes. Then click on apply now. You will receive an email that your application was successful.
Return here and enter your email and password to download your profile. Print the file and have it signed by your Head of Department (HOD). Proceed to scan the document in a cybercafe. Upload the signed version that will afterwards be used for verification to the website.
You have successfully completed your application for the SNEPCo-NNPC national university scholarship programme. Make sure to keep checking your email to keep yourself updated about the scholarship as you will be invited for a CBT examination.
Additional Information for Applicants
- Avoid applying for the scholarship twice, this will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered for the scholarship at all. Therefore, avoid procrastinating on the application.
- Only candidates that meet every criteria will be invited for the CBT qualifying examination.
- Only the top 10 candidates from each state will be awarded the scholarship, this makes the scholarship a very competitive one.
- After being awarded the scholarship, beneficiaries must maintain a CGPA of 3.5 in a 5 points grading system and 2.4 in a 4 points grading system or equivalent in any other grading system.
- Ensure that the name used in application is arranged in the same order with the name in the documents, if not, you have to upload a sworn affidavit.
All applications must be submitted on or before 14th of April, 2023. Applications submitted after the above mentioned deadline will be considered null.
Good luck with your application for the 2022 SNEPCo-NNPC national university scholarship programme.