The Zumunta Scholarship is a scholarship for Northern Students organized by the Zumunta Association, USA. The Zumunta Association is made up of Nigerians living in the United States of America who hailed from the Northern part of Nigeria.
Because this group (Northerners living in the United States) recognized that there is power in united efforts, they, therefore, were determined to provide support in as many ways as possible and consequently formed the Zumunta Association, USA, to not only improve their lives but to contribute towards development both within their foreign communities here and their homeland.
Goal of Zumunta Scholarship
The objective of the Zumunta Association National Scholarship Program is to grant financial aid to Northern Nigerians eager to pursue a Bachelor’s degree in select study fields in Nigerian universities. The 2023 Scholarship Application is currently open.
Eligibility for the Zumunta Scholarship
To be eligible for the Zumunta Scholarship, you must be an indigene of one of the Northern States and Federal Capital Territory.
The northern states in Nigeria are a total of 19 excluding the Federal Capital Territory and they are listed below:
- Benue state
- Borno state
- Bauchi state
- Kano state
- Katsina state
- Plateau state
- Taraba state
- Niger state
- Adamawa state
- Kaduna state
- Sokoto state
- Gombe state
- Jigawa state
- Kebbi state
- Nassarawa state
- Yobe state
- Zamfara state
- Kwara state.
Being from a northern state is one criteria, studying one of the courses listed below is another. The Zumunta Scholarship funding is only available for the following areas of study:
- Science and Technology
- Computer Science and Communications Technology
- Vocational and Industrial Technology
- Admission Letter: This is your proof of admission into a degree program in a Nigerian University recognized by National University Commission (NUC) indicating your course and length of study.
- JAMB Exam (or its equivalent) result with a passing grade or WAEC (or its equivalent) or Internal University and College exams.
- Financial need: In line with the goal of the Zumunta Association to provide educational aid to indigent students, eligible applicants must show evidence of financial needs through lack of public support (scholarship) or annual family income or any other appropriate document.
- Application Form: a complete application form must be submitted. (Application Form IS FREE. Zumunta does not charge fees for application form).
- A short essay of two pages on the “Importance of area of study to Northern Nigeria.”
Method of Application:
To apply for the Zumunta Scholarship, follow the steps highlighted below:
1. Visit the Zumunta Scholarship Application Page
2. Fill and complete the application form online and Submit or download the form from the page and fill manually.
3. Send all required documents as listed above via mail. Also include the application form mail if you downloaded and filled manually).
To be considered for the Zumunta Scholarship for Norther Students, all applications and documents must be received on or before the set deadline which is May 31st, 2023.
Information for Applicants
- Zumunta Association National Scholarship Application is completely free. Please do not pay any amount to anyone requesting application fee from you.
- All submitted documents will be verified and the association reserves the right to disqualify any applicant with falsified document or who provides wrong information. So ensure to fill the form appropriately and submit authentic documents.
- Incomplete application would not be accepted. Make sure all documents and application are submitted before deadline to be considered for the scholarship.
For any enquiry, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org