Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards 2023/2024 application form is out now. This scholarship is awarded yearly to eligible and qualified Nigerian students. The Honourable Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, invites interested Nigerians to participate in this scholarship award for Bilateral Education Agreement.
This award is applicable for both Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
The Undergraduate studies (UG) are tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt, Venezuela while the Postgraduate (PG) studies are tenable in Russia (if you obtained your first degree in Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
FIELD OF STUDY
The field of study for each level varies.
UNDERGRADUATE (UG) LEVEL
- AGRICULTURE SCIENCES,
- ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES,
- SOCIAL SCIENCES,
- BIO TECHNOLOGY,
- MEDICINE (very limited),
- PILOT ENGINEERING,
POSTGRADUATE (PG) LEVEL – (For Masters Degree and PhD)
- APPLICATION IN ALL FIELDS IS ALLOWED.
FOR THE UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- All applicants must possess a minimum qualification of seven (7) distinction (As & Bs) in Senior Secondary School, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021/2022) for Non-African Countries and for African Countries, the age of the certificate is one year (2022) only.
- Age limit is from 17 – 20 years.
FOR THE POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS
- All applicants must hold a first degree with 1st class or at least 2nd class upper division.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C programme
- The age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for PhD
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted
- Evidence of readiness to be released by one employer.
NOTE TO ALL APPLICANTS
- Since BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign language course of the country of choice which will be the medium of instruction.
- Applicants for scholarship in Hungary are allowed to apply for up to two field of study in order of preference. They must visit www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened in the middle of November and to be closed 16th of January, 2023.
- Complete the application form online.
- Applicants for Russian Scholarship should visit https://education-in-russia.com which has been opened since November.
- Applicants for Russian postgraduate scholarship must have gotten their first degree in Russia.
- All applicant are to upload the following certificate online;
- For undergraduate (UG): WASSCE/WAEC.
- For postgraduate (PG): 1st degree certificate, Masters Degree, WAEC/WASSCE, Indigene Letter, N.Y.S.C discharge certificate.
Nominated candidates will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following documents;
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates
- Data page of the current International Passport
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance where necessary
ALL INFORMATION GIVEN BY AN APPLICANT CONTRARY TO THE ABOVE CRITERIA WILL RESULT TO DISQUALIFICATION AT ANY STAGE OF APPLICATION.
*All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s Website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page.
- Read Guidelines and then complete the Application form online.
- Print the Completed Application Form
Official phone numbers/email:
- 08077884417 / 08035996213