This is to announce that the Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary Awards for 2023/2024 academic session is currently ongoing. Interested applicants are to carefully read through the application process as stated below, download the application forms and filled as necessary.
This scholarship and bursary organized by the Ekiti State Scholarship Board is available to Undergraduate, Polytechnic (ND, HND), Post graduate (Masters, Ph.Ds), and Monotechnic (College of Education, College of Health, College of Technology, School of Nursing & Midwifery) students. The scholarship application is free.
Overview of the Scholarship
Ekiti State is one of the 36 states in Nigeria, located in the southwestern part of the country. The state is known for its high literacy rate and commitment to education, which is reflected in the various scholarship and bursary programs available to its citizens.
The Ekiti State Scholarship and Bursary 2023 is one of the initiative aimed at supporting students in the state to pursue their academic aspirations. The scholarship and bursary program is open to students who are indigenes of Ekiti State and are studying in recognized tertiary institutions across the country.
The scholarship and bursary program is not restricted to any particular course. That is, all Ekiti State students are eligible.
Eligibility for the Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary 2023
All Undergraduate, Polytechnic (ND, HND), Post graduate (Masters, Ph.Ds), and Monotechnic (College of Education, College of Health, College of Technology, School of Nursing & Midwifery) students are eligible to apply for the bursary awards.
- Applicants must be in 2nd year and above in their courses of study to be qualified for undergraduate Scholarship Awards. And must possess WASSCE/NECO, with a minimum of five Credits including English Language and Mathematics at a sitting. and minimum CGPA of 4.0 for a University or equivalent of a Second Class (Upper Division), 3.50 for Polytechnics, and 3.50 for NCE in their current institutions of study.
- Applicants for the Master’s Degree and Ph.D. Scholarship Award must possess a minimum of 2nd Class (Upper Division) at the Undergraduate level. A grade of distinction in a Master’s Degree is an additional prerequisite for Ph.D. Scholarship Award.
- For Ph.D. Scholarship, any candidate with an ï¬first-degree certificate lesser than second class (Upper Division) and a grade of distinction in master’s degree are not eligible. A letter of recommendation from the university is required.
- Physically Challenged Students in Tertiary Institutions (NCE, ND, College of Health Tech, School of Nursing/Midwifery. HND, and Post Graduates) are qualified for the Scholarship Award.
- Students on Part-Time and Sandwich Courses are NOT qualified for the Scholarship Awards.
Scholarship Worth & Scope
|1||Physically Challenged Award||N60,000|
|2||Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)/Ordinary National Diploma Award (OND)||N60,000|
|4||Higher National Diploma (HND) Award||N60,000|
|5||Law School Bursary Award||N150,000|
|6||Master’s degree Award||N250,000|
|8||Bursary to students in Tertiary Institutions jointly awarded by the State and Local Governments on 50:50 ratio||N10,000|
- PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
Applicant must be a bona-fide student of a Tertiary Institution
- NCE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
This award is for students in the 2nd year of the NCE/OND programme and candidates must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA score in the previous examinations.
- HEALTH TECHNOLOGY AND SCHOOL OF NURSING
Health Technology and School of Nursing CGPA scores are not applicable to Health and Medical related courses.
- HND SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
All applicants must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA in the previous examinations.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
All applicants for Undergraduate Scholarship must be in 2nd year or above, and must have at least 4.0 CGPA score in the previous examination.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- All applicants for postgraduate scholarship should have at least 2nd Class Upper Division at First Degree or Upper Credit at HND Level.
- All applicants for Ph.D. Scholarship Award should have a First-Degree Certificate, not less than Second Class (Upper Division) and a grade of Distinction in Master’s Degree.
Information for Applicants
- The completed application form must contain the applicant’s current CGPA boldly written and authenticated by the Head of Department. The Registrar will confirm whether he/she is full time or a part time student.
- The application form for bursary must be stamped and endorsed by the Chairman of the applicant’s Local Government Area.
Applicant shall submit along with the application form, certified copies of the under-listed:
- The current school fees payment receipts
- Institution’s identification cards
- Letter of identification from Head of Department
- Certified transcript by the Registrar of the Institution.
- Certified copies of credentials
- Certificate of Local Government origin.
- 3 Years Tax Payment Certificate and Development Levy receipts of applicant’s parent.
Role of Scholars
- Scholars must maintain the high academic standard on the basis of which the Award is given.
- Scholars can neither change institution, course nor level when benefiting from the award.
- Scholars must be of good conduct throughout the duration of the award.
How to Apply for Ekiti State Scholarship & Bursary 2023
- Download the forms below according to your category.
- Fill the form appropriately and attach all required documents.
- Due to the rigorous screening requirements, most indigenes fill the forms and submit to the Ekiti State Student Association Executives in their institution to help them sort out the rest.
- However, if your institution does not have an association for Ekiti Indigenes, you would have to visit the Scholarship Board Secretariat at Ado Ekiti and submit in person.
Applications for the Ekiti State Scholarship and Bursary Awards for 2023/2024 academic session will run from 1st May to June 15th, 2023.
All applicants must submit their completely filled application forms alongside the required documents between 16th June to 30th June, 2023.
Late Application Forms (s) will not be accepted by the Board.
Download the Scholarship/Bursary Forms Below
Click here to download for Physically Challenge Students
Click here to download for Undergraduate Students
Click here to download for Postgraduate Students
Click here to download for Physically Challenged Postgraduate
Click here to download for Bursary Awards
For more information, visit the official website.