Alhaji Zekeri Kadiri Memorial Scholarship is an annual scholarship in memory of Alhaji Zekeri Kadiri sponsored by Dr. and Mrs Y.Z. Kadiri of Canada. It is established to provide tuition assistance to twenty (20) Auchi sons and daughters admitted or enrolled as full-time students at any accredited University or Polytechnic in Nigeria.
This Scholarship will provide tuition, fees, and accommodation expenses support:
- The amount to be awarded is up to N150, 000 for STEM Majors
- The amount to be awarded is up to N350, 000 for Medical Students
Alhaji Zekeri Kadiri Memorial Scholarship Requirements
The award opportunities are specifically for those Medicine or studying Medical degree and those in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics-based (STEM) field that can help you achieve STEM-related and Medical career goals.
As part of our social responsibility to Auchi community, we are calling for entries from indigent Students with origin from any of the heritage villages in Auchi.
- You must be able to establish a bona-fide ancestry to any of the five original villages in Auchi.
- You must have a ‘B’ or better grade in your school grading system (if already enrolled at a University/Polytechnic). Please attache unofficial University/Polytechnic transcript showing your grades.
- If you are newly admitted to a University or Polytechnic, provide a copy of your WASSCE, NECO or JAMB result.
- You must provide copies of Student Identification number and admission letter.
- You must provide a valid email and contact number with a referee for easy contact on the application.]
Criteria and Instruction for Application Submission
1. Download, complete and return the FREE instructional page and application form below.
2. Each item of information on the application must be completed. All information will be kept confidential.
3. The following additional documents must be attached/included with the completed application:
- One (1) character reference letter
- An essay that includes your special interests and abilities, accomplishments, future plans, reason for seeking this scholarship award, and any other facts the scholarship committee know to help you obtain the award. (The essay must be typed and should not exceed 2 pages.)
4. Email the completed application with attachments to email@example.com with the email subject as : “YZK 2023“. Application must be received on or before March 31, 2023 in order to be considered.
Selection of Winners/Disbursement Timetable
The Scholarship Committee will determine eligibility, score applications , and identify the scholarship winners no later than July 31, 2023.
- Application deadline: 31st March, 2023
- Selection of potential winners: April – May
- Verification of applicants and awards notification: June – July
- Disbursement: August
Criteria to receive the award:
The Scholarship winner must submit an Admission Letter and photocopy of Student ID number to firstname.lastname@example.org